Innovation Day

Hi my name is Jonah and this blog post is all about Innovation Day.

This section is all about the scientific part of the project.

This is a design  of my castle.

What Is A Pulley

A pulley is a non mechanical machine that is very helpful.

Most humans call other people to lift their object, but some people get a pully to lift their object.

How Pulleys Work

A pulley is a simple machine that helps you lift loads and heavy stuff like that.

As you can see in the middle of the wheel there is a gap, the gap is called a groove. The rope is supposed to go in the groove, just like this picture.

How To Use A Pulley

1. You put the object you want to lift attached to the rope. 2. You pull the opposite side of the rope down. 3. Keep pulling until you want the object in the spot you want it. There are different kinds of pulleys, the fixed pulley, the compound pulley, and the movable pulley. The more pulleys or rope you have the less strength you will need. A pulley system is a grooved pulley connected to the rope and the hook. A pulley is just a grooved wheel.

Gears

Gears are kind of like wheels but with edges on it. Here is a video on gears.

You can use gears to change the direction of the force. This is very important because it makes us do less work and makes it easier. Gears are on many things you see every day, for example a bike.

The more amount of gears the more power the gears have and the more easier it is to use.

Here are some photos of a pulleys and gears booklet.

Procedure

The procedure is a step by step how to make our castle. This video is showing you our castle.

Hi this is my self assessment. The self assessment is about this blog post and for my castle.

These are photos of the build.

Self Reflection 

I think that this project was very fun and I had a lot of time laughing and building. This project was the best project I have ever done. I liked working with my partner josh and painting with him. My favorite part of the build was when we started to paint. My least favorite part was when I had a whole bucket of paint on my shirt. I loved painting because it was so satisfying. I would make our castle a bit bigger next time.

Bye Bye

3 thoughts on “Innovation Day

1. Hi Jojo! I loved your blog. It was very exiting and informative. Even though we did the same project, I learnt a lot that I didn’t already know. I want to see more of these!